Questions About Your Assessment?

If you have questions concerning your equalized assessed value, it is always encouraged and highly recommended and often advantageous to contact your local Assessor's office first for assessment questions or concerns.  The County over the years has been undergoing significant increases in direct filings of Complaints which has only increased the amount of time, staff and budgets at County & Local Levels to accommodate these additional filings, when the Assessor has the knowledge and authority to consider an assessment review without having to go through the process of hiring an Attorney or taking time off of work to attend a hearing.  To obtain a complaint form from the Assessor's office, refer to this website and select FORMS or call (630) 466-5255 for further assistance.

July 21, 2016


The 2016 assessment changes for Sugar Grove Township are published in the Beacon-News on July 21, 2016.  Pursuant to state law, the deadline to file 2016 assessment complaints for the properties within Sugar Grove Township will be August 22, 2016. No complaints for property in this Township can be accepted after that date.

 Valuation date (35 ILCS 200/9-95): January 1, 2016

Required level of assessment (35 ILCS 200/9-145): 33.33%

Valuation based on sales from (35 ILCS 200/1-155): 2013, 2014 & 2015

Publication is hereby made for equalized assessed valuations for real property in Sugar Grove  Township on July 21, 2016  in the Beacon News in accordance with 35 ILCS 200/12-10 as required by 35 ILCS 200/9-210 and 35 ILCS 200/10-115. 


Please note:  If you did not see your assessment published; ONLY CHANGES TO VALUE MADE BY THE ASSESSOR triggers a notice by Kane County for publishing.   Notices are not published if only an equalization factor was the reason for change in value.  Please contact your local Assessor if you have any questions on assessments. After all revisions and corrections by the Township Assessor are applied, an equalization factor of 1.0748 was applied to all non-farm property in the Township.

To obtain assessment information about a property in any Kane County Township, please call the Township Assessor's Office (telephone directory here) or visit the Township Assessor's web site (web directory here).

If you prefer to file a formal complaint for 2016 with the Kane County Board of Review you can obtain complaint forms starting July, 21, 2016 and a copy of the Rules and Procedures of the Kane County Board of Review, visit the Kane County Assessment Office Board of Review or call (630) 208-3818.