March 20, 2020: Special note regarding COVID-19 protocols
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the emergency order to stay at home, the Sugar Grove Township Assessment Office will be closed to in-person visits beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 and continuing until the end of the stay at home directive. For the safety of the employees and the general public, our office will only receive phone calls and email communications.
Limited service is available through the Contact Us link in the left column of this page. Upon the conclusion of the stay at home directive, the Township Assessor office will reopen to personal visits once Health officials deem it safe to do so.
For more information about safety relating to the COVID-19 virus, please visit www.KaneHealth.com or call 800-889-3931.
DUE DATES FOR PROPERTY TAX BILLS SET
Kane County Treasurer, David J. Rickert, announces that taxpayer's 2019, payable 2020, tax bills will be mailed by Friday, May 1, 2020. The first installment will be due on or before June 1st and the second installment will be due on or before September 1, 2020. For those adversely affected by the COVID-19 virus outbreak, late penalty fees for first installment payments made on or before July 1, 2020, will be waived. Payment of the first installment after July 1, 2020, will result in all accrued penalties starting at 3.0%.
County Clerk, Jack Cunningham, reports the Net Taxable Valuation for Kane County is $15,274,423,255 with a total real estate tax extension of $1,371,479,769.90.
Beginning at 10:00 a.m. on April 29th, taxpayers may visit our website at KaneCountyTreasurer.org to view current tax information and print duplicate bills.
Taxpayers may make payments in the following ways:
- Recommended - Online at www.KaneCountyTreasurer.org. There is no fee for an e-check. Please note there are convenience fees for credit card (2.35%) and debit card (1.15%) services.
- Recommended - Mailing your check payment with payment coupon in the envelopes provided with your bill.
- Recommended - Placing your check payment with payment coupon in the envelopes provided in our drive thru Payment Drop Box. The drive thru Drop Box is located behind Building A at the Kane County Government Center, 719 S. Batavia Ave., in Geneva. The Drop Box is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Many Kane County banks will accept payments at their drive thru facilities if accompanied with a tax payment coupon. Please find a list of participating banks at KaneCountyTreasurer.org.
- Credit card, debit card and cash payments may be made at the Treasurer's office, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, during regular business hours. In the effort to practice recommended social distancing guidelines, we kindly request that taxpayers refrain from paying in person at the Treasurer's office.
Homeowners may feel unfairly targeted by this particular tax burden however they are necessary to run and operate local government and municipalities. Property taxes pay for schools, libraries, fire protection, police, streets and many other public benefits. For more information on "Where Does My Money Go" check out the Frequently Asked Questions link on the county's website.
Please call our office if you have any questions. My staff and/or I will be glad to discuss them with you. You may reach us at 630.466.5255 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
Curt John Karas
If you need further assistance that cannot be found this website, please contact the office of the Assessor directly at 630-466-5255 or email at email@example.com.
The Assessor is responsible for assessing property at one-third of fair cash value with the exception of farmland, railroad or coal properties which are properties valued by the State of Illinois Department of Revenue. It is always encouraged and highly recommended to discuss your property assessment first and foremost with your local Assessor before ever filing with the Board of Review.
The Assessor is the only elected official with exception to your States’ Attorney that requires a formal education and 2-yr certification along with yearly continuing education and is working directly for you.
Curt John Karas, CIAO CPA MBA
54 Snow Street, P.O. Box 1138
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
Phone: (630) 466-5255
Fax: (630) 466-5253
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
(evening & weekend appointments welcome)
Township of Sugar Grove
Tom Rowe, Supervisor
54 Snow Street, P.O. Box 465
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
Phone: (630) 466-4283
Fax: (630) 409-3150
Tuesdays & Thursdays 8am - 4pm